Wall Bed Pier Cabinets
Your wall bed is designed to help you take control of your space and add to the functionality of any room. So why not add side cabinets for storing, displaying or stowing items?
Side cabinets are made to match the style and finish of the bed cabinet, so that together, all three pieces become a comprehensive unit. They are freestanding and attached to the Murphy bed, not into the wall. This makes it easy to change the side cabinets for something different later, if you so desire.
Ideas for Side Cabinets
What could you put in a side cabinet? The possibilities are nearly endless, but here are just a few ideas to help you consider what would work best in your home:
• Bookcases – this is a popular option or the home office, but it also works well in a guest bedroom or student’s room.
• Display cases – add a display case with glass or wood shelves and perhaps a light to showcase your treasured collections.
• Wardrobe Closet – space to store or hang your favorite clothing, accessories and shoes.
• Set of drawers – neatly stow away anything you like in a set of drawers.
• Storage behind doors – here’s another way to store items out of sight and give your room a clean, uncluttered look.
Change It Up
All of these ideas are options on any of our standard Murphy beds. But that doesn’t mean you cannot customize them. For instance, you can choose the shelving material (glass or wood), the number of shelves and the type of cabinet you would like on each side of the bed. Add lighting or a power strip, as well, if you wish.
Side cabinets are just one more way to make your Murphy bed perfect for your personal needs.